Terms & conditions
State Library of Victoria blogs are open to all, and we welcome your comments and opinions. Please feel free to post your thoughts or feedback on our blog, to exchange ideas with our staff and with one another – and if you have any ideas for improvement, we would love to hear them.
To make sure that this blog is a safe place for all our users, and for legal reasons, we have some conditions of use that apply to all our own posts and to your comments.
Your rights and obligations
You are welcome to post comments, ideas and discussion points on the theme or topic of the blog. You can respond to the original post, or to comments from other users.
If you have general feedback about the Library or its websites, we’d love to hear it: simply email us.
Please make sure your posts to SLV blogs are:
- in English
- related to the blog theme, the post topic or user discussion
- endeavouring to expand the discussion, knowledge or ideas on the topic
- respectful of other Library users and our staff.
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to reproduce any material you submit to us.
Our rights and obligations
For legal reasons and to make sure our blogs are welcoming to all our users, we may reject or delete posts that:
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity (for example, breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court).
- advertise products or services for profit
- are seen to impersonate someone else
- contain links to websites which break our editorial guidelines
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others.
We may also close comments on a post if we think the discussion has become irrelevant or out-of-date.