Anna has done an outstanding job in her three-and-a-half years at State Library Victoria achieving many career highlights with the Reader Development (Families and CYL) team – Children’s Book Festivals, Reading Matters conferences, the development of children’s and family programs (Baby Bounce and Storytime), the growth of the Inky Awards – to name but a few. She has been a tireless advocate for young/er readers and reading.
This is an exciting time for many of the programs within our children, teens and reading portfolio, including:
Centre for Youth Literature
- Plans to redevelop Inside a Dog (proving you can teach an old dog new tricks!)
- Curating an exciting and challenging program for Reading Matters 2017
- A bigger and better Inky Awards, coupled with a new ambassador schools program
- A new Shift Alt Story program, supporting professionals to engage with new and emerging forms of storytelling
- The development of new partnerships
- The annual Publishers Roundtable and Year Ahead in Youth Literature
Children and families
- Building on the success of our ever-popular Storytime and Baby Bounce and Play Pod programs
- Developing a number of new program options.
In addition, State Library Victoria will be creating new dedicated children’s and teen spaces as part of its $83m building redevelopment. We are very excited about this, and particularly the prospect of working with children/families and teens to co-design these spaces. And we are looking forward to the Centre for Youth Literature’s programs having a permanent physical presence in the teen space.
We will be moving to recruit to the position in the near future.
Watch this space.