In 2016 the Inky Awards turn ten! To celebrate this decade of teen engagement, the Centre for Youth Literature has expanded the scope of the Awards to create more opportunities for teens to participate. The Inky school ambassador program invites schools to register as ambassadors for their state.
Ambassador schools will elect a student committee to run shadow events and engagement activities that will promote the Inky Awards and foster a love of reading both within their own students and teens in their wider communities.
Successful schools will be expected to;
- Support their student committee
- Host three key shadow events to tie in with the announcements of the longlist, shortlist and winner of the Inky Awards
- Facilitate two engagement activities during the Awards season (such as reading Olympics, displays or online book clubs)
- Actively promote and support the Inky Awards in their state’s teaching community
- Report back to the Centre on the success of their events
The Centre for Youth Literature will support ambassador schools by;
- Promoting events via a shared calendar
- Supplying promotional material
- Providing media opportunities to promote events
- Offering resources and templates specific to ambassador schools and their student committee to allow them to effectively run these events
- Connecting schools with guest speakers for shadow events
The Centre for Youth Literature is now taking expressions of interests from schools who wish to become a flagship ambassador school for the Inky Awards.
To register your schools interest, please email email@example.com.