The Centre for Youth Literature is looking for a new team member – might that be you?
Events Officer – Centre for Youth Literature
- Fixed term to 30 June 2015
- Part-time – 3 days per week, with additional hours as required
- VPS 3.1 – $58,630 per annum (pro rata)
The Centre for Youth Literature connects Australia’s young people with literature, inspiring young adults to engage with books, stories and writing. The Centre sits within Reader Development unit of the State Library of Victoria’s Learning Services Division, and develops an array of reading, writing and literacy programs for children and young people.
About the Role
Supporting the Centre for Youth Literature’s 2015 events program, the role is focused on managing production of the international Reading Matters conference and events series, in Melbourne and interstate. Reading Matters is a major celebration of youth literature, and comprises:
- A two-day professional conference in Melbourne.
- A schools program for up to 1,000 students in Melbourne.
- A new public Festival day for teenagers and YA enthusiasts.
- Four touring schools and library programs, to regional areas of Victoria and other states.
The Events Officer will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the delivery of the Reading Matters conference and events.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Reading Matters programming.
- Coordinating the delivery of the regional and interstate schools program.
- Providing operational assistance to the Centre for Youth Literature in areas including marketing, risk management, finance and administration.
How to Apply
For a Position Description and to apply, please visit our website – www.slv.vic.gov.au
We promote diversity and practice equity – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged toapply.
Applications close Thursday, 13 November 2014.