It’s that time again on the youth literature calendar – Reading Matters 2015 is in production!
Reading Matters is a national celebration of youth literature taking the audience on a journey into fiction, graphic novels, poetry, gaming and prose.
Dates: 28 May – 2 June 2015 in Melbourne; then touring.
There are six key components to Reading Matters 2015:
- National conference for youth literature professionals and advocates.
- Publishing Expo, pop-up bookshop and author signings.
- Schools program in Melbourne.
- Public events program in Melbourne.
- Victorian tour: regional public, schools and professional events.
- National tour: regional QLD, TAS & SA (tbc).
Reading Matters is a unique opportunity for youth literature fans and professionals to gather to discuss big issues, trends, and celebrate new and established young adult writers. Our audience is the most important element of the program and we want to hear from you.
Pitch us your Reading Matters ideas! What would you like to see? What is youth literature to you?
Share with us:
- Your dream panel – the theme, authors etc.
- The author pairing that would make for a thought provoking discussion.
- The authors teens would love to meet.
- Youth literature trends or themes that need to be explored.
- Anything else you can dream up!
Help us make it the best Reading Matters ever. Relive any events that made your heart sing; MT Anderson’s discussion of language accompanied by a live concert violinist or Raina Telgemeier’s live creation of a graphic novel. What should we bring you next year?
If you have a great idea we should consider for the 2015 program, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- Introduce yourself
- What you would like to see featured on the Reading Matters program
- Your experience in youth literature and teen reading
Submissions will close at noon on Friday, 18th of July 2014.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you at Reading Matters in 2015.
Bookings will open in November 2014.
TAGS: Reading Matters