Make a display, upload a vlog, host an Inky Awards party, or anything else your imagination desires!
What do you need to do? Just be as creative as you can! Then send us a photo/link/video/etc to email@example.com by 31 October 2013, and include:
- a short description of what your entry is;
- your full name/s (if it’s a group entry);
- your email address;
- and your daytime phone number.
Inky Award images can be found here, for your use in this competition.
All 20 longlisted titles is a pretty tempting prize – over on our Inside a Dog website, we’ve got a full list of these Inky Awards books that you could win.
Given that this is a competition with a top prize at stake, there are a few T&Cs we have to follow.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is an initiative of the State Library of Victoria – Centre for Youth Literature (“Competition Organisers“).
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to people of all ages and is FREE.
- Entrants under 16 years of age at the time of submitting their entry must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter the competition. The Competition Organisers may, at their discretion, verify that parental permission has been obtained, prior to awarding a prize to a winner under 16 years of age.
- Entry is open to Australian residents only.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like; each entry will be judged as a single entry.
- Staff from the State Library of Victoria and its affiliates [State Library of Victoria Foundation members and Readings at the State Library of Victoria employees] are excluded from entry.
Staff from the publishing houses of shortlisted titles are excluded from entry.
- Entries must be submitted by 31 October 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a short description of the submission. Late entries will not be accepted. Entrants should ensure that correct personal and contact details are entered, including full name, age (if less than 16 years), email address, and daytime phone number. If incorrect contact details are provided, the Competition Organisers are not responsible for obtaining correct contact details for that entrant
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Centre for Youth Literature staff (“Panel”). The selection of the winners is at the sole discretion of the Panel.
- Winners will be contacted by the 14 November and announced at the Inky Awards celebration in November 2013.
- If the Panel is unable to contact a winning entrant due to the provision of incorrect contact details by that entrant, the Panel may select an alternate winner.
- Each winner will receive a complete set of the 2013 Inky Awards longlisted titles (20 books in total). The prizes are not redeemable for cash or otherwise transferrable.
- By entering this competition each entrant gives permission for their entry (at the discretion of the Competition Organisers) to be published and reproduced in a range of online and print media. This includes, but not limited to, our websites (www.insideadog.com.au, www.slv.vic.gov.au), blogs, e-newsletters, press releases, and social media networks such as twitter and facebook.
- Entries must be an original work created solely by the entrant/s and not infringing the rights of any third parties.
- The Competition Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.