The Centre for Youth Literature holds the nation’s biggest teen reading choice awards every year and 2012 will be no different.
We are currently asking for submissions from teenagers interested in serving as Inky judges.
We are hoping that youth literature professionals out there may have students that are perfect for the role. The only requirement is that they LOVE reading and can articulate their thoughts on what worked or didn’t work in longlisted titles. Have you got an ideal student?
- Read all 20 longlisted books (which they get to keep), in the space of two months.
- Help choose a shortlist of 10 books, along with fellow judges James Moloney and Danielle Binks.
- Under 20 years of age. (We discourage students in years 11 and 12 from applying due to their study demands.)
- Lives in Australia.
To apply, students are asked to send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Inkys Judge’ telling us:
- Their details – name, age, male/female, what grade they’re in, which state/territory they live in;
- Why they want to be an Inkys Judge;
- Who their favourite author is, and why;
- How many books, on average, they read in a month.
Submissions need to be in by midnight on Sunday, 20 May.
If you are unfamiliar with the Inky Awards, more information can be found here including all the important 2012 dates.
We will also be introducing a school prize this year.