The Centre of Youth Literature is very pleased to announce the short list for the 2011 Inky Awards. The Inkys are the first Australian teen choice book awards having been awarded since 2007. Previous Gold Inky winners have included Simmone Howell, James Roy, Randa Abdel-Fattah and Lucy Christopher.
The judging panel which consisted of last year’s Gold Inky winner Lucy Christopher (Stolen), Kevin Lee and four teenagers from across Victoria and New South Wales deliberated at length on the deserving short listed titles and we thank them for their work. Bravo!
We are proud to announce the following as Inky Award 2011 shortlisted titles:
Gold Inky (Australian book)
- Graffiti Moon Cath Crowley
- This is Shyness Leanne Hall
- Silvermay James Moloney
- Black Painted Fingernails Steven Herrick
- All I Ever Wanted Vikki Wakefield
Silver Inky (International book)
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
- No and Me Delphine de Vigan
- Clockwork Angel Cassandra Clare
- The Agency: The Body at the Tower Y.S. Lee
- Where She Went Gayle Forman
Voting will be open until midnight October 14.
Whilst the Inkys are a choice award for teenagers (aged 12-20 years old), we cannot control who votes for the awards (as to do so would make the voting process unappealingly restrictive). So we do ask that you only vote if you are between 12 and 20 years of age.
Winners will be announced on October 25 at InkyFest, taking place at the State Library of Victoria. The winner of the Creative Writing Prize will also be announced on the 25th (information here.)
TAGS: Inky Awards