After many months of preparation and four days of events, Reading Matters 2011 has made its bow.
Social media played a large role in the events of RM from tweets (#rm11) to blogs to storify and allowed those that could not attend this year a chance to be involved. Very soon audio from selected sessions will be available for you to relive (or be introduced to) RM.
Instead of CYL wrapping up the events of Reading Matters, we have compiled a selection of links conveying their experience at this biennial event.
Cassandra Clare event at Westgarth Theatre, Northcote (with Readings)
- Literary Life
- My Girl Friday
- Livin’ Thru The Arts
- Novels on the Run (she flew from Qld for the event)
- The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader
Reading Matters Conference
- Kate (session chair of Love and Other Bruises) of bean there, done that
- Judith Ridge (WestWords, chair of Dangerous Arrangements) of Misrule
- Author Amra Pajalic
- Author Aimee Said
- Slightly Addicted to Fiction’s roundup
- Anna Ryan-Punch’s creative response to the conference
- My Girl Friday’s extremely thorough report of Day 1 in four parts
- Literary Life’s report of Day 2
- Author Sue Bursztynski
- Author Kelly Gardiner’s thoughts
- Alien Onion (aka the Allen and Unwin crew)
- Judy O’Connell (Hey Jude)
- Carrie Keeps Typing
- Poems arising from Lorraine Marwood’s writing workshops with students.
If any have been missed, please leave a link in the comments section.
Thank you for making Reading Matters a success!
**Read Alert has a new RSS feed so please re-subscribe.
TAGS: Reading Matters